Today, I spoke to eight creative, energetic businesspeople about how to set their course for successful international expansion, and shared how Hanson Marketing puts Internet resources to good use to grow businesses globally. Hosted by Mr. Gustavo Guerrero, Director of The Small Business Development Center and the Center for International Trade Development, these and other events are a great way for area businesses to learn what it takes to Go Global.
I’ve learned that when you gather eight businesspeople in a room, you get 80 great new ideas. Resources and connections are swapped, and all go away smarter and more motivated. Check out this inspiring, random assortment of eight surefire business models, whose customers are, at this moment, waiting on foreign shores:
- after-market batteries for Apple products – from factories in China to consumers in Mexico
- books and videos by a published author and noted speaker, destined for Latin America
- casual apparel inspired by Hispanic culture, for fast-growing populations of all ages in US and Latin America
- skin care products bound for Asia, targeting style-conscious women in Taiwan
- broadband, wireless and telco goods and services for growing South American system integrator and b-2-b markets
- eco-friendly interior design and compatible products; the beginnings of a global decor bazaar
- modular, solar power generator stations – from Utah to Baja
- threat assessment, investigation, and security services – targeting HR, IT, travel professionals
You can learn more about today’s presentation and register for upcoming events at the SBDC & ITC at their website. It was my pleasure!